Can Rolex Submariner Watches be Repaired?
Yes, Rolex Submariner watches can be repaired. A Rolex watch is known for being a high-quality and durable timepiece that is designed to be serviceable and repairable by skilled watchmakers. Whether a Rolex watch requires routine maintenance, addressing minor issues, or conducting more significant repairs, professional watchmakers with experience use special attention to repair and restore Submariner models.
A Common service procedure and service for a Rolex Submariner watches might include:
1. Movement Servicing: Regular maintenance involves disassembling the Rolex watch, cleaning the movement components, replacing worn parts, reassembling, and lubricating. This helps ensure accurate timekeeping and longevity.
2. Crystal Replacement: If the crystal becomes scratched, cracked, or damaged, it can be replaced with a new one to restore the watch’s appearance.
3. Bezel Repair or Replacement: The rotating bezel on a watch case can sometimes require repair or replacement if it becomes loose, damaged, or difficult to rotate.
4. Bracelet Repair: Rolex Submariner watches often come with metal bracelets that can have links repaired, resized, or replaced as needed.
5. Crown and Stem Repair: If the winding crown or stem becomes damaged, they can be repaired or replaced to ensure proper winding and time-setting functionality.
6. Water Resistance Testing and Restoration: The Rolex Submariner is designed to be water-resistant. Over time, the seals may wear out, affecting the watch’s water resistance. A master watchmaker can test and restore the water resistance of the Rolex watch.
7. Dial and Hands Restoration: If the dial or hands become damaged or faded, they can be replaced or restored to their original condition.
8. Polishing and Refinishing: To maintain the watch’s appearance, case and bracelet polishing and refinishing can be performed to remove scratches and restore the watch’s shine.
It’s important to note that Rolex recommends having your Rolex watch serviced by authorized watchmakers or service center. This ensures that genuine Rolex parts are used, maintaining the watch’s authenticity and quality. Regular maintenance and prompt repairs are essential to keep any vintage Rolex or Rolex Submariner running smoothly and looking its best for many years to come.
Services We Provide
While some minor repairs can be completed at home, other watch repair services we highly recommended sending to our service center. Use the “REPAIR NOW” link to fill out our repair form and print out the free insured UPS label. Drop off your Rolex watch at any UPS location, send your watch in, and we’ll inspect your timepiece to provide a free estimate. We at Watch Repairs USA an America LLC company can service your new, current, or vintage Rolex Submariner watch needs with expertise. Our prices will get you to try us once, with such good customer service we will keep you coming back.
Join thousands of satisfied customers at Watch Repairs USA and get your Rolex serviced the fast, convenient, and hassle-free way to guarantee a free estimate and 1 year service warranty. From a simple band repair to repairing broken push buttons or even a complete restoration, our Swiss trained watchmakers perform a wide range of repairs with precision.
Our team provides maintenance services including restoration services. We guarantee the use of only genuine replacement parts for each and every Rolex repair.
- Rolex Overhaul Service
- Rolex Repair
- Rolex Crystal Replacement
- Rolex Battery Replacement
- Rolex Watch Repair
- Rolex Quartz Repair
- Rolex Reseal
- Rolex Movement Service
- Rolex Band Repair or Replacement (Leather Straps, Metal bands, Silicone Bands)
- Rolex Crystal Replacement
- Rolex Stem and Crown Repair
- Rolex Water Resistance
- Rolex Bezel Replacement
- Rolex Dropped and sustained impact damage
- Rolex watch Case and bracelet Refinishing
- Rolex ultrasonic cleaning
Is it Worth to Restore a Rolex Submariner?
Whether it’s worth restoring a Rolex Submariner depends on several factors, including the watch’s vintage Rolex value, its overall condition, the cost of restoration, and your personal preferences. Here are some considerations to help you decide:
1. Sentimental Value: If the Rolex Submariner holds sentimental value for you, such as being a family heirloom or a gift with special meaning, restoring it can be a meaningful way to preserve its legacy and history.
2. Authenticity: Rolex watches are known for their craftsmanship and quality. If your Submariner is a genuine Rolex and has inherent value due to its authenticity, restoring it can help maintain its worth.
3. Cost of Restoration: The cost of restoring a Rolex Submariner can vary widely based on the extent of repairs needed, the watch’s age, and the model. Obtain estimates from reputable watchmakers before making a decision.
4. Market Value: In some cases, restoring a Rolex watch can increase its market value, especially if the restoration is done professionally and maintains the watch’s original features.
5. Collectability: Certain vintage Rolex Submariner models are sought after by collectors. If your Rolex watch is a desirable model, restoring it can make it more attractive to collectors and enthusiasts.
6. Personal Enjoyment: If you intend to wear and enjoy your restored Rolex Submariner regularly, the investment in restoration can be justified by the pleasure you derive from wearing a well-maintained and functional timepiece.
7. Longevity: Proper restoration can extend the lifespan of your Rolex Submariner, allowing you to continue enjoying it for years to come.
Before proceeding with restoration, consult with experienced watchmakers or experts who specialize in Rolex watches. They can assess the watch’s condition, provide recommendations for restoration, and give you an estimate of the associated costs. Additionally, working with certified watchmakers ensures that the restoration is done using genuine parts and maintains the watch’s authenticity.
Ultimately, the decision to restore a Rolex timepiece is a personal one that should be based on your attachment to the watch, its potential value, and your budget. If the watch holds significant sentimental or intrinsic value to you, restoration can be a worthy investment in preserving its history and ensuring its continued enjoyment.
How Often Should I Service my Rolex Submariner?
Rolex recommends periodically having a Rolex repair approximately every 10 years, although the specific interval can vary based on factors such as usage, environmental conditions, and the watch’s overall performance. Regular servicing, especially for vintage Rolex timepieces, helps ensure the watch’s accuracy, reliability, and longevity. Here are some guidelines to consider:
1. Every 10 Years: As a general guideline, Rolex suggests having your Submariner serviced every 10 years to ensure optimal performance. This interval is a good starting point for regular maintenance.
2. Usage: If you wear your Rolex Submariner daily or frequently, it may experience more excessive wear and tear. In such cases, more frequent Rolex repair (e.g. every 5-7 years) could be beneficial to maintain accuracy and prevent issues.
3. Environmental Conditions: If your Rolex watch is exposed to extreme conditions, such as high humidity, temperature variations, or exposure to water, more frequent servicing may be necessary to maintain water resistance and prevent damage.
4. Signs of Need: If you notice any issues with accuracy, power reserve, winding, or any irregularities in the watch’s operation, consider having it serviced sooner than the recommended interval.
5. Preventive Maintenance: Regular servicing isn’t just about addressing existing problems; it’s also about preventive maintenance. Regular cleaning, lubrication, and adjustment can prevent potential issues from arising.
6. Professional Assessment: If you’re unsure about when to service your Submariner, consult with a master watchmaker who specialize in Rolex watches. They can assess the watch’s condition and provide recommendations.
Keep in mind that Rolex watches are known for their durability and high-quality craftsmanship. Regular servicing helps ensure that your Submariner continues to perform reliably and accurately over the years. If you’re unsure about the appropriate servicing interval for your specific Rolex watch, it’s best to consult with professionals who have expertise in Rolex watches and can provide tailored advice based on your watch’s characteristics and usage.
Do you Need to Change Battery in a Rolex Submariner Watch?
No, you do not need to change the battery in a Rolex Submariner watch. Most Rolex Submariner models are equipped with automatic mechanical watch movements, which means they do not rely on batteries for power. Instead, these watches are powered by the motion of the wearer’s wrist or the winding crown which winds the mainspring and stores energy to power the watch’s movement.
Rolex Submariner watches use a self-winding movement called a “perpetual” movement, which means the watch remains powered as long as it is worn regularly. When you wear the watch and move your wrist, the rotor inside the watch rotates and winds the mainspring. This stored energy is then released gradually to power the watch’s functions.
It’s important to note that the power reserve of a Rolex Submariner can vary based on the movement’s design and the amount of winding it receives. If you regularly wear your Submariner, it should keep running without the need for manual winding or battery replacement.
If you have a Rolex watch that uses a battery, it is likely from the Oysterquartz line, which is less common than the traditional automatic Rolex watches. The majority of Rolex Submariner models are an automatic mechanical watch that does not require battery changes. If your watch is mechanical and still does not run after winding, it may be time for a Rolex repair.
How Much Does it Cost to Replace a Crystal on a Watch?
The cost to replace the crystal on a Rolex Submariner watch can vary based on several factors, including the type of crystal, and the specific model of the watch. Here are some factors to consider:
1. Type of Crystal: Rolex Submariner watches typically use sapphire crystals, which are highly durable and scratch-resistant. However, there are different types of sapphire crystals, including flat crystals and date magnification crystals. The cost may vary based on the type of crystal you need.
2. Model of the Watch: Different Rolex models have varying crystal sizes and watch case shapes. Some models have more intricate crystal designs, such as those with a date magnification lens for magnifying the date. The cost can be influenced by the complexity of the crystal design and the model’s specifications.
3. Authenticity: It’s important to ensure that the replacement crystal is genuine and designed for your specific Rolex model. Using genuine Rolex parts helps maintain the authenticity and quality of your watch.
4. Labor and Expertise: Rolex repair labor costs for replacing a crystal can vary based on the watchmaker’s skill, experience, and location. Professional watchmakers with expertise in Rolex watches will likely charge for their services.
Given these variables, it’s challenging to provide an exact cost. As a rough estimate, the cost of replacing a sapphire crystal on a Rolex Submariner could range from a few hundred to several hundred dollars or more. It’s advisable to obtain estimates from authorized Rolex watch repair service experts to get a more accurate understanding of the cost based on your specific watch and crystal needs.
When seeking a replacement crystal for your Rolex Submariner, prioritize quality and authenticity. Ensure that the replacement is done by professionals who understand the intricacies of Rolex watches and can provide proper care for your timepiece.
Can a Band be Replaced?
Yes, the band or Rolex bracelet of a Rolex Submariner watch can be replaced. Rolex offers a variety of bands for their watches, including the Submariner models, allowing you to customize the look and feel of your timepiece. The ability to replace the band provides flexibility in adapting your Rolex watch to different occasions and personal preferences.
Here are some key points to consider regarding replacing the band of a Rolex Submariner watch:
1. Types of Bands: Rolex Submariner watches are available with various types of bands, including Oyster bracelets, rubber straps, and more. The availability of replacement bands depends on the specific model and materials used.
2. Authenticity: When replacing the band of your Rolex Submariner, it’s important to use genuine Rolex parts or bands made by reputable manufacturers. Genuine parts ensure the integrity, authenticity, and quality of your watch.
3. Compatibility: Make sure that the replacement band is compatible with your specific Rolex Submariner model. Different models have different lug widths and attachments, so ensure that the band fits your watch correctly.
4. Style and Materials: The replacement band allows you to customize the aesthetics and comfort of your watch. Consider factors such as the style, material, and clasp type when selecting a replacement band.
5. Servicing Opportunity: If you’re considering replacing the band, it might also be a good time to have your watch serviced or inspected. This ensures that your watch is in good condition overall and that any necessary maintenance is performed.
Replacing the band of a Rolex Submariner can give your watch a fresh look and adapt it to different occasions or personal preferences. Just remember to prioritize genuine parts and professional installation to maintain the quality and authenticity of your Rolex timepiece.
Does Submariner Rolex Hold Value?
Yes, Rolex Submariner watches are known for holding their value over time. The Rolex Submariner is one of the most iconic and sought-after luxury watch models in the world, and its value retention is influenced by several factors:
1. Brand Reputation: Rolex is one of the most recognized and respected luxury watch brands globally. The brand’s reputation for quality, craftsmanship, and innovation contributes to the enduring value of its watches.
2. Iconic Design: The design of the Rolex Submariner is timeless and iconic. Its classic appearance, robust construction, and practical features make it appealing to a wide range of watch enthusiasts.
3. Quality and Craftsmanship: Rolex watches, including the Submariner, are known for their exceptional quality and craftsmanship. The use of premium materials, precision manufacturing techniques, and attention to detail contribute to their longevity and durability.
4. Limited Production: Rolex employs a controlled production approach, which limits the number of watches available on the market. This limited availability, combined with high demand, contributes to the strong value retention of Submariner watches.
5. Collectability: Certain vintage Rolex Submariner models and limited-edition releases can become highly collectible, driving up their value. Collectors often seek out specific models with unique features, materials, or historical significance.
6. Secondary Market Demand: The secondary market for Rolex Submariner watches is robust, with pre-owned models often commanding prices close to or even above their original retail prices.
7. Regular Price Increases: Rolex frequently implements price increases on new models, which can impact the value of pre-owned watches by increasing their relative worth.
8. Perceived Investment Value: Many individuals view Rolex watches, including the Submariner, as investments due to their reputation for holding value or appreciating over time.
While Rolex Submariner watches generally hold their value well, the extent of value retention can vary based on factors such as the specific model, condition, rarity, market demand, and overall economic conditions. It’s also important to remember that the luxury watch market can be influenced by various external factors. If you’re considering a Rolex Submariner as an investment, it’s recommended to do thorough research, consult with reputable dealers, and focus on models that resonate with your personal style and preferences.