To set the time on your lever-style pocket watch, you first need to unscrew the bezel and pull the lever out. Next, you will turn the crown clockwise to move the hands. Once you have your desired time, you will push the lever back in and screw the bezel back on.
- Accessing the setting mechanism: Unscrew the bezel on your pocket watch to access the lever setting mechanism. Make sure you know the style of pocket watch you have as to not damage your timepiece and case.
- Locate the crown: The crown is the small knob on the top of the watch that is used to set the time. On a lever style pocket watch, the crown is typically located at the 12 o’clock position.
- Pull the lever out: The Lever is typically located under the bezel (often by the 2 or 5) and can gently be pulled with a fingernail to release the crown to set the time.
- Set the time: Turn the crown clockwise or counterclockwise to set the time. Do not pull the crown on a lever style pocket watch as this can damage the timepiece. To ensure accuracy, it is best to set the time against a known accurate time source, such as your cell phone, computer or another accurate timepiece.
- Push in the lever: Once the time has been set, push the lever back in gently.
- Return the bezel: Screw the bezel back onto the timepiece ensuring it is securely installed. You may now wind the pocket watch.
By following these steps, you can set the time on a lever style pocket watch and ensure that it is running accurately. If you encounter any issues or difficulties setting the time, it is best to consult with a qualified watchmaker for assistance.
Have any other questions? You maybe interested in these articles as well: